Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Say Hello To My Lawyer; Siri.

If you have ever used Siri with the iPhone 4S, or any of the other personal assistant software (e.g. Vlingo, etc.) then you are probably aware of it's AI abilities; in particular the software has the ability to interpret "what you mean".

Sure, browsing the internet and scheduling appointments are all great. But what if I want something more from my voice-driven "personal assistant"?

Siri could you stop being my personal secretary and instead act as my contract lawyer?

By partnering with Legal Zoom and Nolo, voice-to-text software could be used to draft legal documents. This indubitably seems like it would be a much larger consumer market than task scheduling and browser searching (that technology is as old as PDAs and Altavista).

Here is an example use of the technology:

Siri could you please write a contract that protects me against my soon-to-be wife from taking everything I own in a divorce?

Siri then navigates the user through the process of drafting a prenuptial agreement and writes the contract.