Monday, September 19, 2011

A functioning force is always on course

I believe that the universe is perfect in design. That every detail and each action (for better or worse) is predetermined; and if the universe did not function perfectly it would never have existed. It reminds me of a phrase that my uncle recites, "a functioning force is always on course".

Some may see this as God's design or as fate. I believe that if God does exist - he/she is apart of all of us; everywhere and everything. That God is not good or bad, and falls outside the morals of society.

Furthermore, I do not believe in good and evil; I believe that morals exist in society. I believe that morals are important to society. That morals are predetermined and needed for existence - but obviously they do not concern inanimate objects (i.e. a rock does not experience good and bad).

Typically, a religious follower loses their faith in God (or Gods), because something happens to them that they can't forgive. They ask, "If God is good, then why do bad things happen?". I believe that "bad" things happen because it triggers other sequences of events that keep our universe in existence.

I do not mean to imply that if we do the wrong thing, or say the wrong thing, that it will stop the system from functioning; I am saying that the system (the universe) would have never began without being perfect, conserved, and predetermined in design.

These are my thoughts - feel free to believe what you like.


Timothy Montague
10-19-2011